If you're new to this link up, the rules are easy!
photo and recipe via Budget Savvy Diva
This spanish rice is SO good and super simple to make! It definitely tastes a lot better (and is probably better for you) than the boxed version of spanish rice.
Spanish Rice Recipe- slightly adapted
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked white rice
- 1/2 medium size onion (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup hot salsa (we like spicy foods--and hot gives a pretty good kick! If you aren't a spice fan or have kids, I'd knock it down a notch or two with mild or medium)
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- Add oil to a hot skillet on medium heat- add onions and cook for 5 minutes
- Add rice and stir. You want to brown the rice a bit
- Once rice is a bit brown (about 5 minutes)- add cumin, salsa, and chicken broth.
- Cover and reduce heat to low
- Check on it 20 minutes later. Have yourself a sample--it should be cooked. If not, cook for a few more minutes.
Simple Crockpot Chicken Tacos
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast, thawed
- 1 1oz. envelope of taco seasoning
- 16 oz. jar of salsa
- Dump all the ingredients into your crockpot. Give it a stir to mix up the seasoning and salsa.
- Cook on high for 4-6 hours or low for 6-8 hours
- When done, pull the chicken out, throw it into a bowl and use a hand mixer to shread the chicken!
- Place chicken in tortilla and ENJOY!
These recipes go perfectly together and will take you no time to whip up. We usually start the rice and then take our dogs out for a walk while it cooks. When we get home, the house smells amazing and dinner is ready!
I look forward to bringing you more yummy recipes on the 3rd Sunday of next month! If you'd like to check out my past Pinterest Approved Recipes you can find that here, here, and here.
Please consider following me on Pinterest, I have tons of food boards, education boards, organization, and wedding boards!
I hope you'll take the time today to share YOUR favorite Pinterest Approved Recipes :)