If you're new to this link up, the rules are easy!
This month was the start of the Whole 30 for me. It actually isn't as bad as I had anticipated things to be. I definitely have a ton of cravings, but the further I get into this (I'm currently on day 12) the more the cravings diminish. I've been having to do a ton of food prep and cooking (with the help of my fabulous hubby) since I get tired of eating the same things quickly!!
The thing about The Whole 30 though is that it isn't like a 'diet'. I think of it more as a cleanse to reset your body but cleaning it out of all things bad. The surprising, yet amazing thing about it is that the food actually tastes
good delicious! I truly look forward to eating my prepped meals and nightly dinners....the best thing about it is that I have been eating more than normal and dropping weight all at the same time!
All of my recipes today are Whole 30 approved!
One of the best thing about the Whole 30 is that you can eat potatoes!! I love potatoes!!
photo and recipe via Sweet Little Bluebird
These potatoes are to die for!! I eat them for dinner AND for breakfast!
Roasted Garlic Potatoes
Ina Garten Recipe- Slightly adapted
- 2 1/2 to 3 pounds of Yukon Gold Potatoes (you could really use any potato, but this is what we used). Cut into quarters.
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (we used quite a bit less because didn't want it too oily).
- 5-6 garlic cloves, minced.
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp. Himalayan Sea Salt
- 2 tsp. dry parsley flakes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, toss potatoes in EVOO, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper. Be sure to coat potatoes evenly.
- Place potatoes on a cookie sheet in a single layer.
- Place on the middle rack of oven and bake for approximately 40 minutes, turning the potatoes two times while baking. (cooking times will vary depending on oven)
And it's that simple!
This was recipe was SO SIMPLE yet so DELICIOUS!
Roasted Garlic & Herb Shrimp
- 2 lbs shrimp, peeled, deveined, tail off.
- 1.5 tsp paprika
- 1.5 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1.5 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp salt (I used Tabasco Salt for an added kick)
- wooden skewers
- Toss mixture with shrimp in a large bowl. Add about half of the seasoning to start, and keep adding until shrimp is coated to your liking. (I had quite a bit of seasoning left over)
- Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, soak skewers in water.
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Thread shrimp onto skewers and cook about 3 minutes on each side.
That's it for today! I look forward to bringing you more yummy recipes on the 3rd Sunday of next month! If you'd like to check out my past Pinterest Approved Recipes you can find that here and here.
Please consider following me on Pinterest, I have tons of food boards, education boards, organization, and wedding boards!
I hope you'll take the time today to share YOUR favorite Pinterest Approved Recipes :)