Happy Good Friday!! Today we are off from school but unfortunately I slept the entire day away!! Didn't feel so good after a fun night out with an old friend.
So I've been seeing that a lot of bloggers share their top five pinterest finds on Fridays! This seems like a lot of fun, especially since I'm addicted to pinterest. This will be my new Friday posts!! Hopefully you'll get some new/cute ideas from me :) Here are my first five to share for this week:
|Uhm. How true is this?! I'm one of those people who get really into shape then really out of shape :/ AND I'm always having to start over!|
Blogging is so cool, there are always so many fun and awesome "things" happening in the blog world.
Corinna at Surfin' Through Second AND Amy over at The Crazy Adventures of a University Grad have both tagged me for this fun game of TAG. Here are the rules:
Here Are The rules:
* Post these rules
* Answer the 10 questions that the tagger posted for you
* Create 10 questions of your own to ask the people that you're about to tag
* Tag 10 people and link them with your post (and let them know they've been tagged!)
Here Are The Questions I was Asked (I'm just going to pick one set to answer):
1. What is your favorite sweet treat?
Oh MY, I LOVE sweets so this is tough. BUT I would probably have to say my FAV. is ice cream!!
2. What other profession besides teaching did you aspire to?
Hm. Ever since I was little I always imagined I would be a teacher. I did think of getting my masters in counseling...
3. What talent do you possess that not many people know about?
Not very many people know that I've danced hula for almost my entire life!! I started at the age of 4 and I have also danced professionally in a luau show for 5 years. I've also been hired for weddings, special events and even danced at the Maui Airport on Friday evenings.. (Have you seen me before while on vacay?! haha)
4. Who is a celebrity that you would love to meet?
I would LOVE to meet Rachel Bilson. I've always been a fan of hers :)
5. What inspired you to become a teacher?
WELL. My mom is a teacher and so was her mom :) I wanted to be a teacher though so that I could help others. As I was growing up, especially in high school, I noticed the lack of parenting and neglect that so many children grew up with. Because of that, they grew up not caring about school and/or wanting to learn. I wanted to become a teacher who makes a difference in a child's life and teaches them that they can do whatever they want, despite what others may tell them. I want to let them know that I'm here to support them, love them and care for them...
6. If you could do a Teacher Exchange program for a year, where would
you want to teach?
HM. I would love to teach in Japan!
7. What is your favorite pair of school shoes?
My fav. pair of school shoes would have to be any comfortable flats. I would love to be one of those teachers who rock really nice heels and sandals but my feet couldn't handle :(
8. What are your top 3 favorite places to shop?
Eden in Love, Macy's, and Forever 21
9. What is the funniest thing that has ever happened to you
HM. There have been so many funny things that happened but I'm pulling a blank right now...
Imagine your best student. This was about a girl who was that student. She was well behaved, always followed rules and directions, never got in trouble and was very smart! WELL I usually put on a timer and when the timer goes off all students need to be seated. The students were transitioning from a move around activity. Everyone was seated however somebody left a chair in the middle of the room. I said that somebody needed to put it away, so that girl goes to put it away but the timer goes off. She froze and looked like a deer stuck in headlights. She was so scared she was about to cry! Instead of telling her it was okay, I couldn't help myself and started busting out laughing!
10. How/Why did you get into blogging?Well I started reading teacher blogs (don't even remember how I got started) and I have learned so many new things and got so many good ideas. I decided to blog so that I can reflect on my teaching and thought it'd be cool to be able to look back on things I've done throughout my career! I am so thankful for blogging because all of the wonderful people in this community help to make me a better teacher each and every day!!
Alright. Here are my questions to you:
1. What is the one thing that you couldn't live without in your class?
2. If you could teach any grade, what would it be and why?
3. What is your absolute favorite food?
4. What does a typical morning breakfast look like for you?
5. Nicest thing that a parent has ever said to you?
6. Most touching moment with/from a student
7. Favorite website besides blogger and pinterest.
8. Best place you've ever traveled to and why?
9. What is your favorite thing to do on the weekends?
10. About how much time, on average, would you say that you spend doing things for school?
AND here are the 10 lucky ones I'm tagging: